Grizzly at Mary Bay Yellowstone Lake

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Need More Millimeters

The bird activity has really picked up the past few weeks. We had a flock of white pelicans spend a night on their way north. I hope they didn't expect to fill up on fish as there are no fish in the lake.



I'm pleased to say I got the opportunity to take my first picture of a Bald Eagle in the wild. It may not be the best picture but it's the only picture of an eagle I've taken. Now I want more lens millimeters so I can get a closer view of the subject.



This eagle has been perching on the same branch for several weeks now. He will sit for a period of time then swoop down and catch a duck and take it to a nest of hungry eagle chicks.


These ducks escaped the claws of the eagle this time. I'm sure one of them will be the main entree for the young eagles real soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a Bald Eagle. Great shot. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete