Grizzly at Mary Bay Yellowstone Lake

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our Future Family

I was sitting on the front porch and noticed some activity in the young Red Oak tree. Sure enough I see Ms. Mockingbird moving around in her nest.


While mowing the yard that morning I thought I felt something brush against my head as I mowed under this tree. When I looked up I saw a Mockingbird flying away but I dismissed it as a brush from a limb that I went under. Maybe not.

Click to enlarge
As I watched her I wondered if I could get a picture of the nest and contents without the protective mother getting too upset. As we all know a Mockingbird can be very aggressive especially around their nest.

I set up the step ladder so I could get high enough to get a good view inside of the nest. Luckily Ms. Mocking bird was away far enough she didn’t notice me getting a picture of her home and future chicks.


This will be interesting to see how many photos I will be able to get after the chicks hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment